Start a Team
September 30, 2022
START A TEAM
Who doesn’t love a little friendly competition? Team fundraising is an excellent way to create new friendships, strengthen old ones and raise funds for young adults affected by breast cancer.
You can join a team by searching the Find a Team East or Find a Team West pages. If you're not sure which team to join, post in the private Facebook group and introduce yourself. You don't have to join or start a team, but it's a fun way to train, fundraise and ride TDP.
Please note: There is no team fundraising this year. All riders commit to raising a minimum of $1,000 and are eligible for incentives individually.
- Pick a captain
- Create your team name
- Register your team online
- Personalize your fundraising page
- Start recruiting team members
- Develop your fundraising strategy
- Reach out to family, friends and co-workers for support
- Check to see if your employer has a matching gift program
- Use social media to reach a broader audience
- Aim high for a team fundraising goal
- Host a team kick-off event!
- Plan a team fundraiser
- Tell local businesses why you are participating
- Tell your co-workers that you are participating