January 01, 2019
The safety of our riders and community is our number one priority at every YSC Tour de Pink Lisa J. Frank Memorial Ride (TDP).
With COVID-19 still circulating throughout the U.S., TDP will need to take additional precautions at this year’s events. YSC exists to serve a community that may be immunocompromised, so it is critical we all work together to ensure the health and safety of all attendees.
TDP COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS
- All attendees and guests over 2 years old will be required to present proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result at check-in for the ride. Anyone that cannot provide proof of vaccination or a negative test result will be asked to leave to ensure the safety of all attendees.
- Masks must be worn during check-in and inside SAG vans.
- If you are not vaccinated, you are required to wear a mask throughout the event.
- If you are vaccinated, we encourage wearing your mask when not on your bike or eating and drinking.
- If you are having any symptoms, such as congestion, cough, fever, etc., please do not attend the event, even if you are vaccinated. We know how disappointing it would be to miss TDP, but the risks to the community are serious.
If You ARE Vaccinated
Bring your vaccine card, a photocopy, digital pass or photo on your phone to provide proof of vaccination. Take a photo on your phone today so that you’ll have backup proof in case you leave your physical copy at home.
If You Are NOT Vaccinated
Your negative test result must be within 5 days of the ride. While we prefer a negative PCR test, a negative antigen test will be accepted. We have heard of some delays in test results, so you’ll want to plan accordingly for the ride.
TDP MIGHT LOOK A LITTLE DIFFERENT
You might see us doing some things differently this year. These are all designed to ensure the safety of our riders.
- We chose a 1-day format to ensure we could hold every aspect of TDP outside this year.
- Rest stops will be stocked with prepackaged and pre-wrapped food items to encourage grab and go.
- While YSC and g4 staff have been vaccinated, all staff, volunteers and vendors will wear masks during the entire event for your protection.
- Event staff will be on hand to ensure plenty of spacing as riders stop to pick up their snacks.
- The welcoming ceremony and post-ride celebratory lunch will take place outside.
- We chose event venues with plenty of outside spacing on both coasts to allow for social distancing.
- We’ve staggered start times to reduce the size of groups at each start launch.
- We’ve added an additional packet pickup the evening before to provide options to our riders.
- All volunteers and riders inside SAG vans will be required to wear a mask.
STAY UP TO DATE
We recommend following both the CDC health guidelines and local health departments in the cities for each ride. Please also add email@example.com to your email contact list to ensure you get updates as we send them out.