Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day
Today marks the fourth anniversary of Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day, and YSC proudly honors the many women living with metastatic breast cancer. The first declaration of this day was initiated by a collaborative effort between the Metastatic Breast Cancer Network (MBCN) and YSC and proclaimed by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, in an effort to increase awareness about this significant and under-served population of the breast cancer community. Since then, Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day has been proclaimed in over 50 cities across the United States and Canada.
YSC understands the unique issues young women with metastatic breast cancer face and is committed to providing educational resources and support services to help them address these challenges.
No young woman should face metastatic breast cancer alone. YSC continues to partner nationally to provide up-to-date education to decrease the sense of isolation and improve quality of life for all young women living with metastatic breast cancer. Share this e-newsletter. Help spread the word about these programs and YSC's other initiatives to support this community. Join thousands across the country in recognizing October 13 as Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day.
YSC and Cancer Support Community to host a FREE Webinar – Addressing the Needs of Young Women with Metastatic Breast Cancer.
Thursday, October 13th, 2011
7:00 PM (ET) 4:00 (PT)
Featuring Sage Bolte, PhD, LCSW, OSW-C Oncology Councilor, Life with Cancer
Topics will include:
• Living everyday with the best quality of life
• Communicating your needs
• Relationships and intimacy
• Managing side effects of breast cancer treatment
• Connecting with other young women living with metastatic breast cancer
And your questions!
Register at https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/599612680
or send your full name to email@example.com
Progress in the Treatment of Metastatic Breast Cancer - Thursday, October 13
1:30 - 2:30 PM (E/T)
A FREE teleconference presented by CancerCare in collaboration with YSC.
In addition to today’s teleconference and webinar YSC maintains several programs and resources for young women diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer.
Last year YSC introduced the Metastatic Navigator: A Young Women's Guide to Living with Metastatic Breast Cancer. The Navigator provides young women an understanding of the metastatic breast cancer diagnosis, helps them tackle practical matters such as financial assistance and insurance, provides helpful suggestions for improving their quality of life and is accompanied by a set of forms and a portable file folder to help them stay organized.
Other resources include:
• Monthly facilitated telephone support groups specifically for young women with metastatic disease – YSC MetsLink
• Across the country local support and educational programs address the unique issues surrounding metastatic breast cancer in young women through YSC Affiliates.
• An educational DVD - The Beautiful Eight: Learning to Live with Advanced Breast Cancer
• Special workshops on metastatic breast cancer held at C4YW the Conference for Young Women Affected by Breast Cancer.
Learn more about YSC programs for young women with metastatic breast cancer.